Saturday, February 28, 2015

#1377 now sweets for 40 days

For the past couple of weeks I have been abstaining from eating sweets. I gave it up for Lent. It's not a religion thing, it's just a test of my willpower and I chose Lent because there is an easily recognizable start and stop date - Ash Wednesday to Easter Sunday.

So it has been about a week and a half and it's been kind of a struggle every day. I have a tremendous sweet tooth and I crave sweets. I didn't realize how much and how often I was indulging in a little sweet treat. There's almost always candy somewhere in the office and I would pop a little bite-size chocolate in my mouth without even thinking about it. Cookies, donuts, cake...that stuff shows up in the office a lot! Here at home, there is almost always cookies and ice cream around.



Wish me luck!

1 comment:

emtes said...

I wish you luck Sandy. It's hard I know. I get these cravings for sweet in kind of cykles. I can go without it for months and then suddenly I get this urge and I do indulge then. I can do that for 1 day, a couple of months even but then I'm good.
I do wish you good luck and when you pass the first hard weeks you'll see it gets easier.
Take care, love you
Aunt Mia :-)