Sunday, March 15, 2015

#1392 yoga and Zumba

No, I did not go back to see Cinderella again today, but I did think about it :)

Today was pretty low-key. I got most of my chores done on Friday and Saturday so today I could relax. I slept in, stayed in bed for some extra time reading and looking at my phone, then I went to yoga. MT and I had lunch at the Mexican restaurant in our neighborhood, then T and I did some hanging out. He wanted to clean his car and I offered to help. By offering to help I mean that I was willing to pay for the car wash. We ran it through the car wash at the gas station, but it didn't do a very good job. Next week we'll take it to the better car wash and get it nice and clean. Then he and I went to the mall where I bought him some chocolate truffles from Godiva (none for me, but Easter is now only 2 Sundays away!)

All in all, it was a very nice weekend. I feel satisfied with the stuff I accomplished and I feel relaxed and happy.

I mentioned I went to yoga class this morning. I really like Sunday morning yoga class. It starts at 11, so it's not so early that I feel rushed to get there. The gym is quiet at 11 on Sunday morning, so it's peaceful in the studio. I've been to yoga class there on Saturday morning - not peaceful. There's a Zumba class right after the yoga class and some of the Zumba people come into the yoga class around 8:30 to claim a spot for Zumba and do a little yoga. Maybe that's changed now; I haven't been to a Saturday morning yoga class for awhile. I've also been to yoga class in the evening - also not peaceful. The gym is bustling in the evening. There are lots of people walking around and kids yelling and you can hear balls bouncing and it's just not as pleasant as Sunday morning. Plus, the Sunday morning yoga teacher is very good.

I didn't mention it on Thursday, but I went to a Zumba class on Thursday night! Oh my God! I'd forgotten how much fun Zumba is. I haven't been to a Zumba class in probably over three years. I was ridiculously awkward, but I had fun. The music is thumping, the energy in the room is infectious. You wriggle your bum, you shimmy your shoulders and you sweat and wave your hands in the air like you do not care. It's awesome! Of course, I did spend 20 minutes with an ice pack on my left knee after the class and downed a couple of Aleve pills, but it's the price I'll have to pay. My right knee, the one with the new metal joint, felt fine. The left knee has been bothering me for a few months. I'm planning to call Dr. F to see if he'll give me a cortisone injection sometime before we go to Hawaii. I'll put it off as long as I can.

If you're keeping track, I have been to six classes this month. Only two more before the pass pays for itself, and I plan on taking two classes this week: one on Monday and one on Wednesday. Any classes I take after Wednesday will be "free".  :D The classes are the thing for me. I don't push myself hard enough when I'm left to my own devices. I like an instructor to guide me. I'm just getting back into the exercise routine, and I like it.

I always like to look forward to things, so here's what I'm looking forward to this week:
  • T's birthday on Thursday (he'll be 17!)
  • St. Patrick's Day on Tuesday - no real reason. It's just fun. I may make some Irish soda bread. I've never done it before. I like bread.
  • Also on Thursday is our safety meeting at work. My friend Mandy and I are the "hosts" this month. I think we picked a good topic and I'll be glad to get it out of the way.
  • I think the Kelsie, Nicole and I will go to Trader Joe's. I always like to go there!
Hope you all had a good weekend!

1 comment:

cellulite exercises said...

Really an interesting blog you have shared here with us.Such an informative and useful post you have shared here with us. I really like the tips you have shared here for us. Thanks and keep sharing.