Friday, March 20, 2015

#1397 Zumba kicks my a**

I left work a little early tonight so I could make it to the 6pm zumba class. (My ninth class this month!) It's the second zumba class I've taken this month and I was ridiculously awkward once again. I used to do zumba a lot before my knee went all shitty on me and I had it replaced, but since the surgery, I haven't done it at all. I'm beginning to wonder if my knee replacement had an effect on my hips because they surely do not wriggle like they used to!

Tonight I thought I was doing all right for about the first 30 minutes, but none of my body parts seemed to move together in the last 30 minutes. It was pretty comical to me. The good thing is that I don't think many people are looking around at others because we are all pretty self-involved. I think the instructor might have glanced over because she smiled a really big smile as I jerked my body around.

Somehow I got through the hour. I came home all sweaty and took a shower then I had to take a nap! ARGH! How pathetic am I?

I remember the very first time I did zumba like five years ago or so.  I went to the Saturday morning class which is 75 minutes but I'm sure lasted way longer than that. It kicked my butt so hard that when I came home I had to sleep for a couple of hours. :)

I'll try another zumba class next week. MT says that I'll get better if I keep going to the class. I have rarely felt so uncoordinated and without rhythm. It sure is fun, though.


No comments: