Friday, March 27, 2015

#1404 three things: U Jam, Utes and Hot Rod

When I don't just want to write about one thing, I write about three things.

1. I took a new class at the gym tonight. I was expecting to do a Zumba class, but instead, I was treated to a U Jam Fitness class. U Jam is a mix of hip hop moves with Zumba and a bunch of other stuff. I had never heard of it before, but it was fun and I'm looking forward to doing it again. Apparently, Friday night classes alternate between U Jam and Zumba. The best part of the U Jam class? My favorite instructor from when I used to go to the gym all the time, Marilyn, was the instructor! She was the best yoga instructor ever. It was great to see her again and the class was cool. I am hopeful that I will once again find my rhythm soon. I wonder if Dr. F took out my rhythm along with that defective knee joint.

2. After the class, I came home to watch the Utes take on the Duke Blue Devils in the NCAA Sweet Sixteen. Although on my bracket I picked Duke to win, I was hoping for a Utah upset. Instead, I am feeling upset and sad because the Utes did lose to Duke tonight. Good for my bracket, bad for my "hometown" team. What a great season the Utes had, though. They were really good this year and it was fun to listen to the excitement that the team generated. I hope the winning tradition continues on the hill!


3. A sad bit of news in the Jazz basketball world. Hot Rod Hundley, long-time voice of the Jazz, passed away today from complications of Alzheimers. Hot Rod was a total character with a distinctive voice and a gift for catch phrases. He coined the famous "Stockton to Malone" and "You gotta love it, baby." Let's not forget "With a gentle push, and a mild arc, the old cowhide globe hits home." RIP Hot Rod.


No comments: