Sunday, May 15, 2016

#1671 robbed

Sundays are good because it is the only day of the week that I don't set an alarm. I sleep until I wake up. I usually wake up pretty early, then I read or play with my beloved iPhone and then go back to sleep for another hour or two. It's lovely to wake up when my body has had enough sleep.

This morning followed the pattern of getting up early - around 6:30 - then going back to sleep around 7. I was sleeping peacefully when MT stomped into the room and said in a loud voice, "Shit." He pulled back the curtains and looked outside and said another expletive. I thought maybe he was bummed out because it was cloudy and maybe rainy and he wouldn't be able to finish the deck he has been building. Before I could ask him what was wrong, he said another expletive. The words were getting worse as he went along.

Turns out that we had been robbed. MT left a saw and a couple of other things in the back of his truck and some thieving asshole decided to take them. Yes, the theft was preventable. MT usually puts his tools away every night, but he's been working every day and was tired and forgot he hadn't cleaned out his truck and put the tools away.

We called the police and got a case number and filed a claim with the insurance company. It was an awful way to start the day, that's for sure.