Sunday, June 12, 2016

#1693 lazy Sunday

I started out the day with such good intentions. Let me back up to last night...I was lights out by 8:45. I was completely wiped out. I've been going to bed late and waking up early and not getting nearly enough sleep and it caught up with me last night. I didn't want to fight it, so I gave up and went to bed. It was still light outside. I did wake up a couple of times, but I went right back to sleep. I woke up this morning naturally - no alarm - around 6:30. I laid in bed looking at the news (I cried about what happened in Orlando) then got up and felt rested and ready to go.

So like I said, I started out the day with good intentions. Then I showered and read and cooked and watched a whole bunch of Gilmore Girls episodes and suddenly it was 8:00. I didn't do much of anything on my to do list, but I have to say, I'm not sad about resting and relaxing and enjoying the day. If there is one regret, it's that I didn't get outside for a walk or something. I had planned to ride my bike, but it was kind of cool and breezy today and I prefer to ride when it's a little warmer. It was perfect walking weather though. I just didn't even leave the house except to indulge in some drive-through fast food.

This week I've set a goal to get to bed by 10PM, so I'm kind of rushing through a few things so I can achieve this goal on the first day. The pressure I put on myself!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

No comments: