Friday, September 30, 2016

#1773 back home again

It's weird how things work out sometimes. Today was supposed to be a half-day on the software validation workshop I attended this week. We were going to review what had been done and decide on next steps. Somewhere along the line yesterday afternoon, the IT people took control and started data mapping and future look analyzing and the need for admin types like me dropped to zero, so I was excused from today's meeting along with the rest of the admin people.

Thankfully my sister was here so I had someone to hang out with!

We had a really nice afternoon. We drove to the old town of Locke, California to have lunch at a place that our parents used to take us to occasionally called Al's Place. I really want to show you the photos that go with this story, so I'll have to tell it tomorrow (or Sunday) when I have time to download the photos.

For now, though, I just wanted to say hi, I'm home. Now it's time to unpack and crawl into my own soft wonderful bed.

No comments: