Monday, November 14, 2016

#1796 supermoon SLC

I was driving home tonight and I noticed a glow just behind the Wasatch Front. At first I couldn't figure out what was causing the glow. It wasn't a fire and it was too high up on the peaks to be lights from town. The mountains are in the east, so I knew it wasn't the last glow of the sunset. That's when I remembered that today is the supermoon night.

By the time I pulled into my driveway, the huge orange-y moon was just peaking out from the mountains. I went out to my front yard and tried to take a photo, but the street light took all the thunder from my photo. At that moment, right next to me, a dude zoomed up on a skateboard, holding a nice camera. He looked at the moon, looked over at me and said, "Man! This is awesome!" I loved his enthusiasm :)

I had to return a movie to the Redbox, so I decided to do that and drive up to the water tower which is about the highest point near my house. I was rewarded with a gorgeous view of the lights of the valley with the big bright moon shining up in the sky. It's tricky to take photos at night, but I like the way it turned out.







Did you all get to see the supermoon?

1 comment:

Kteach said...

So much better than my sad driveway one :) But hey!