Sunday, May 7, 2017

#1867 three things: shoes, walks and planning

Today was all about the three things:

1. Shoes. I have been thinking quite a bit about the upcoming trip to Savannah. It's going to be hot there, and I will mostly be wearing skirts, so I wanted a cute new pair of sandals that would be comfortable for walking and look nice, too. I saw some shoes that I liked on Amazon, but my feet are kind of shaped like bricks, so I prefer to try on shoes rather than blindly order them and then deal with the return business. I went over to Famous Footwear today because I had a gift card from Christmas. I found some of the sandals I had looked at on Amazon and I bought them! They look a lot like this except with green straps.

2. A new place to walk. After we bought the shoes, MT said that he would like to go for a walk. Perfect! I could try out my new shoes. He said he wanted to go up in the mountains, but I said no because a) there is still snow up there and b) my sandals don't protect my toes. We needed a paved trail. A year or two ago I found this list of walks from Intermountain Healthcare. I have been on a few of the trails, and today we picked. Mehraban Wetlands Park for our walk.

If we didn't have the address, we would not have found it. The park is tucked into a neighborhood in Draper. I drove past the little parking lot and had to turn around. The parking lot is in between two houses, totally inconspicuous. The trail is paved and winds down to a pond where people were fishing. There was a turtle lazing around the water as we walked past, and a family of mallard ducks. The water wasn't very clear, but we could even see a few fish in there. As we wound around the pond, another path took us to a larger pond that was full of ducks and geese. There were so many ducklings! There wasn't much landscaping around the pond, but the ducks and geese didn't seem to mind. I don't know if we will go back there because there are so many other places on the list to check out, but it was a nice area.


3. Planning. This evening I spent a little time with my planner. I have pretty much always been a list maker and have tried to be pretty organized. My sister Lizzie got me started using the Franklin planners and I've been devoted to the pages ever since. There have been some lapses, but I've always had some form of planner. At work I use Outlook and create tasks. I keep work and home separate. It's true that I usually don't have too much on my home planner, but it's helpful and I like it and it's not hurting anyone. For the past few years I have been getting new pages for my birthday from Lizzie. This year I couldn't find any pages from Franklin that I liked, so I asked Lizzie for a planner from Erin Condren. She makes what she calls LifePlanners. Near as I can tell, they are a lot like Franklin planners, but more girly. My friend Nicole has one and I like the look of it. The only downside I can see is that Erin Condren's planners are 18 months, so it will go from July 2017 to December 2018. I wish it was only 12 months because I like the July - June setup. I can handle it, though. :)

PS - the shoes are comfy!

1 comment:

Pappy1 said...

Your words take me there.