Tuesday, September 5, 2017

#1924 water and fire

We are a couple of weeks away from our vacation on the Outer Banks of North Carolina, but it is hurricane season, so we have to pay attention to what is happening. It looks like the beast of a storm that is Hurricane Irma is going to plow through the Caribbean and through Florida. I have a friend who lives in Florida that is gathering some family photos and getting away from her house. How awful.

I saw on the Weather Channel that there is another storm that could turn into a hurricane, Tropical Storm Jose. Hopefully he will just wither away out there in the Atlantic and stay off the islands and the US coast.

Salt Lake City is blanketed with smoke from fires. There is a big fire in the Ogden area, plus there are terrible fires happening in seven other western states. The moon tonight is full and orange from all the smoke. I stayed inside, but between my allergies and the smoke, I am having a yucky cough, lots of sneezing, a runny nose and itchy eyes. I just took half a Benedryl so I could get some good sleep. Tomorrow is one of my busiest days at work and I need to be ready to go.

One side of the country has too much water and the other side is on fire.


No comments: