Tuesday, November 21, 2017

#1966 3 things: Osi, dentist, Mexico


Tonight I have three legit things to talk about: one good and two bads. Let's start with the not goods.

1. Osi is having seizures tonight. Since I have been home this evening, I have seen Osi have three seizures. The last one was bigger than the other two and involved involuntary urination. (Hers, not mine.) It had been awhile since I had seen her have seizures and when I took her to the vet a few weeks ago, the doctor took a blood sample and said all her medication was at the proper levels. I suspect that she may have missed a dosage of meds over the weekend, but I can't say for sure. Maybe her little doggy body just needed to get the seizures out of her system. It's very hard to watch my dog go through the seizures when all I can do is pet her and speak to her softly and try to help her when she recovers. Poor little hound dog.

2. I had to go to the dentist. You know the dentist's office is a total body experience. You use many of your senses there: smell, hearing, and taste especially.  I had a little cavity on a bottom left molar. The dentist told me that it was so small he wasn't even going to numb me. I asked him if he was going to drill and he said that he was and I told him to numb it up. He gave me the shots and then I got a little shaky and asked for a few minutes to relax. I was kind of having a hard time getting a good breath because I was feeling anxious and nervous, so I asked for the "gas" - the nitrous oxide. A few deep breaths of the laughing gas and I absolutely did not care that a dude was sticking his hand in my mouth and doing god-knows-what to god-knows-which tooth. Dr. Dave said he was going to put a note in my file that I should always have the nitrous. I gave him a thumbs up on that idea. The numbing wore off pretty quickly and I was able to have dinner. My jaw is kind of sore, so I'll have an ibuprofen before I go to bed. It hasn't really been an enjoyable evening.

EXCEPT FOR...

3. We're going to Mazatlan! Actually, this story is kind of sad, too, but works out for us which makes me feel bad in one way and excited in another way. Okay, here's the story. MT's Aunt Jennie, who went with us to OBX, has a time-share and she booked a vacation with Aunt Pat (also from OBX fame) for January to an all-inclusive resort in Mazatlan. Sadly, Aunt Jennie was diagnosed with leukemia, and is undergoing treatment, so she will not be able to go to Mexico. Aunt Pat didn't want to go without Jennie, so Jennie offered the booking to her kids. None of them wanted to go, so she offered it to MT. The only cost for us is the airfare and whatever excursions we would choose to take while we are there. MT and I talked it over, and decided to take Jennie up on her generous offer. Tonight we booked our flight, so yeah, in about six weeks, right in the middle of January, we will be sipping margaritas on the shores of the Pacific. A bit of good news to this story is that Aunt Jennie is responding very well to the treatment and is expected to recover. We are keeping our fingers crossed that she will continue to kick leukemia's ass.

Well, there's what I've been doing tonight. It's been eventful.


No comments: