Thursday, February 22, 2018

#2003 three things: seizures, sleep and snow


1. Seizures.  It had been awhile since I've seen Osi have seizures, but they came back with a vengeance this week. I didn't see her have them on Tuesday, but I'm almost sure she did because of the way she acted at night. I know she had one on Wednesday morning and Wednesday night. She had one this morning before I went to work. I wonder if the seizures kind of build up in her system and then she has a series of seizures until all of "that" (whatever "that" is) works its way out of her body. Osi takes quite a mix of anti-seizure medications daily. On her last vet visit, a blood test was taken to ensure that her medication levels were in the correct range, and they were. I'm hoping that she gets over the seizures soon. It's heartbreaking to watch, both the seizures and the aftermath.

2. Sleep. Osi, like a little kid, comes to my side of the bed after she has a seizure. Her toenails click click click across the wood floor, then she puts her face right up by mine and she pants in my face until I wake up. I drag myself out of bed to let her outside, make sure she's not hurt and give her a little food, which I find helps her come out of her post-seizure weirdness. Normally I don't mind, but these past couple of nights she has been weirder and needier than in the past. She has woken me up both nights at 2:00, 3:00 and 4:00. I know she's sick and she can't help it but man, it is brutal to lose sleep like that. Today I felt like a zombie. I was tired.

It's not just Osi, though. I've been watching the Olympics and all the good stuff happens past my bedtime. Last night I wanted to stay up to watch Schiffren and Vonn ski, but I fell asleep on the couch. I'm going to bed early tonight!

3. Snow. On Monday it snowed like crazy here. It snowed some more on Tuesday. Wednesday and today have been dry and sunny, but as I drove home tonight I noticed that clouds were gathering over the lake. Snow is in the overnight forecast. I know it is winter and I know we need the snowpack so we have water for the summer, but can't it just snow in the mountains and rain in the valley? And it is just so dang cold.

I'm done whining for now.

No comments: