Sunday, March 11, 2018

#2012 weekend wrap-up

T was home for the weekend. I picked him up yesterday morning and I just returned from taking him back to Provo.  I think the weekend went well. We thought of it as a "trial run" for when he gets home for good later this month. I was probably overprotective about the whole thing, but I did let him out of my sight a few times. He went out to lunch with some friends for a couple of hours. In the evening I dropped him off at another friend's house for a couple of hours, then went to pick him up. Why was I his chauffeur? His car needs to be repaired, inspected and registered. I haven't got around to that just yet, so I chose to drive him last night instead of letting him take my car. That was the overprotective part of me coming out. T stayed up later than I would have liked, but he was home and I understand that he was enjoying being on his computer and away from the lights out curfew at the RTC.

I had a hard time waking up this morning. The whole Spring Forward thing is weird and hard to adjust to at the beginning. Like right now, it's 7PM but I'm super-tired, even though at this time yesterday it was 6PM. But I know that when I wake up tomorrow around 5:45AM, my body will think it's 4:45AM. The nice thing, though, is that it is 7PM and there is still daylight. Of course in the morning it will seem like the middle of the dang night. <>

After I properly woke up, I cooked a couple of dishes for the week. I made a pasta dish, the Pioneer Woman's sour cream noodle bake. I have referred to it as a poor man's lasagna, but really it is more like a lazy woman's lasagna. It has a few of the lasagna ingredients, but it's much easier and faster to make. It tastes pretty good, too. The WW points value is spendy (15 SP) but I can work with it. Pasta is worth it to me.

I also made a spicy pork curry in the slow cooker. I've made it a few times before and it is also quick,  uncomplicated and delicious. Having food already made in the fridge makes life easy on the weeknights when I go to the gym. I like the idea of MT being able to eat nice food that he just has to warm up. I like to take it for lunch and then eat (or drink) a light meal after my workout. By drink I mean a Premier Protein Shake. It tastes like chocolate milk and with 30 grams of protein, it's filling. Okay, it doesn't taste that much like chocolate milk the first time you try it, but you get used to it. And it's only 2 SP, so score!

Overall this weekend was pretty mellow. I finished the book I was reading for #Ekpesbookclub. (See the 2018 Reading page for info.) I watched episode 7 of Queer Eye. One more episode to go. I don't want to finish it because then I will be done. I like the Fab 5! I haven't watched any movies so far this month. I've thought about it, but nothing catches my eye.

The upcoming week has lots of unusual things happening. At work, we have two interviews set up. We are looking for a new subcontracts person to join our team. We've only had one other applicant for the position. Unemployment here is very low and it's hard to find qualified people. Another thing at work this week will be our annual kick-off meeting. All the salaried personnel meet at an off-site location to hear a brief recap of the previous year, get a look at what is coming up and then we break into our functional groups for team-building, learning and discussion. Finally, at the end of the week, one of the engineers is making his annual St. Patrick's Day feast of corned beef and cabbage. The dud is a master. I tried to make corned beef one year and it was not delicious. Griff's corned beef is always tender and flavorful and amazing. Looking forward to it! On the personal side, the final meeting of #Ekpesbook club will happen tomorrow night, then on Tuesday MT and I get to go to the Jazz game! We haven't been for awhile and I'm excited. The team is doing well lately and I'm hoping they can make it into the playoffs. And this weekend, the NCAA men's basketball tourney starts. March Madness baby!

Hope y'all had a great weekend. Be safe, have fun and I'll catch up with you on Tuesday.

~~~~

If you are interested, I have finally updated the 2017 Reading Page. I read 59 books last year! The 2018 Reading page is up-to-date, too :)




No comments: