Saturday, July 7, 2018

#2062 Saturday with Sandy

I know that all of you have had days when the only thing you want to do is lay around and not do a dang thing. I was feeling that way this morning. MT and I went to the Sundance Resort last night to watch a concert and we got home around midnight. I was unable to fall asleep until around 1AM and I didn't sleep very well. It is hot AF here. It doesn't cool down at night and even though we have a fan in our room, it's still just yucky.

BUT...my alarm went off around 6:30 this morning and I knew I had a bunch of things to do, so I got up and got moving.

First thing on the agenda was to take MT's truck to Big O for some repairs. You know you're either making car payments or maintenance payments. The brakes needed to be repaired today. Our local Big O should send us a box of chocolates for Christmas. Between our three cars, we have spent a bunch of money over there in the past six weeks.

I planned to take MT over to the Kearns house so he could do some work on the property, but he had given the house keys to Big O (they are on his key chain), so he dropped me off at WW, got the keys to the Kearns house from Big O, then picked me up from the meeting afterward. I then dropped him off at Kearns and got some breakfast. I was just sitting down to eat and watch a little Sweden/England World Cup when MT called that he had forgotten something and could I come get him? SIGH. I finished my food and drove back over there, feeling a bit uncharitable. We went to Lowe's, got what he needed, looked at appliances, then I took him back to Kearns.

When I got back home, I had time for a quick shower, then I was off to Red Butte to sit in the courtyard for a couple of hours.

Did I mention it is hot? It is! It was  96 degrees (35.6 C) in the shade and no breeze to speak of. It is also super dry here (it is a high desert after all) with about 15% humidity. It's just hot and dry and soul-sucking. Because of all that, there weren't too many guests coming to the garden this afternoon. I was able to read a little bit.

Now I am home for a couple of hours until I head back to the garden for an evening wedding. I don't get to go to the wedding. I hang out at the gate and greet guests as they come and wish them well when they leave. It's easy and pleasant. Often there will be a breeze coming down the canyon. Last week I was cold. I don't think I'll be cold tonight, but I always take a jacket anyway. I listen to a ball game (with earbuds) or I read during the reception when no one is around.

Tomorrow I will be staying close to home, but I'll have to do weekend chores like grocery shopping and paying the bills. I don't have any plans to stray too far from home or do anything strenuous though. But that's tomorrow.

One more thing to note: my eyelids are itchy! There is something in the air that is aggravating my eyelids. Of course, there are wildfires in the state. I couldn't smell the smoke today, but the sky is hazy. I suspect smoke is to blame for my slight cough and itchy eyelids.

Stay hydrated my friends!

No comments: