Monday, November 12, 2018

#2122 not a good start

This morning I was sleeping soundly and well when I heard my phone make the text received noise. I thought that maybe someone was texting to let me know they wouldn't be coming to work today, so I picked up the phone to check it out. That's when I noticed it was 6:44 - I had overslept by an hour! The app I use for the alarm shut itself off or something because it wasn't even open and I know I set it last night. Maybe my phone did an update or something. I guess it doesn't really matter. What matters is that I overslept by an hour!

I asked MT if he had tried to wake me up. He said that he hadn't because he thought maybe I had something going on and I didn't have to work. Wrong! I did have to work!

I absolutely had to take a shower and wash my hair. I looked like hell and there was no getting around the fact that I had to shower. I made all that stuff happen in a hurry, then I got out the blow dryer to quickly dry my hair. The thing is that I have sort of wavy hair and sometimes when I blow dry it, the waves go all wonky. Of course that's what happened this morning, so then I had to get out my curling iron so I could straighten a wonky wave right in the front. I was in a hurry and accidentally ever so briefly touched the hot wand to my forehead. OUCH! You've probably never done anything as silly as burn your own head with your curling iron. Let me just assure you that it is not a good feeling.

Then I had to fix my hair in such a way that you couldn't see the glowing red skin. I put a wee dab of coconut oil on the owie. It only sizzled for a second and then the burn calmed down a bit. You can't even see the red spot now.

I was about 15 minutes late to work, but after the start to the day, I felt like that was pretty good. The rest of the day went smoothly and with no more mishaps.

Had to be a Monday!


2 comments:

josefa wann said...

Pobrecita

Lizzie said...

nice recovery!