Thursday, November 15, 2018

#2125 three good things


At WW on Saturday, the topic was focused on showing gratitude. You know, research shows that doing certain actions regularly can give a lasting sense of joy. One thing that can be done is to express thankfulness in everyday stuff. I have a few friends who post a daily gratitude on Facebook every day in November. My sister keeps a gratitude journal that I'm guessing she writes in every day. A friend of my sister's regularly shares a whole list of things and people she is grateful for. In my personal journal, every day that I write I include something that I am grateful for. Sometimes it is a little thing, like a hot chai latte on a cold November morning. Sometimes it's a big thing, like finding out that MT didn't suffer any long-term back damage when he fell off the ladder.

Back to WW, our challenge this week was to think of three good things that we are grateful for from this week. Here are mine:

1. No cavities! I went to the dentist this afternoon and my cleaning was quick. I've been very good at flossing regularly. The dentist said my teeth looked great and best of all, no cavities!

2. I feel good! After battling a cold and some type of bacteria for the past few weeks, I finally feel like myself again. I'm tired at night when I'm supposed to be tired, and I'm alert and active during the day when I'm supposed to be alert and active. I've been able to get back to the gym, I've been eating pretty well most of the time, and my moods have mellowed out.

3. By this time tomorrow, that February vacation to SE Asia will be all booked! The hotels and most excursions are already booked and deposits have been made. Tomorrow I will pay for the air fare to get us there and home again. After all these weeks of research and thought, it's about to be final.

#thankful

1 comment:

Kteach said...

I'm so glad you and Lizzie have good teeth! :)