Saturday, September 7, 2019

#2248 Friday night and Saturday afternoon

Today is note-worthy because it has not followed my regular schedule. First, though, let me tell you about last night.

MT and I went to see Gary Clark Jr. at Red Butte Garden. This is our third time seeing him, each time at RBG. I'm not exactly sure when/how/what circumstances led me to his music and to that first show, but I'm thankful to whatever fates brought us together. He is great. His style, his guitar playing, his vocals, his lyrics...he's fantastic. MT likes him too. Last night's show was terrific. Check out this review from the Salt Lake Tribune. The writer nails it.

Side note fun fact: By volunteering a minimum of 100 hours at RBG, I am given a pair of tickets to a show of my choice. I gave them three shows that I was interested in seeing, and the tickets I received were these Gary Clark Jr tickets. A bonus that I didn't realize last year is that the tickets are donor level meaning that we got to sit in the terrace section. We were able to get a nice high top table with a great view and a comfortable picnic space.


I hesitate to share the pic because I do not look good. Bad angle! Also, MT doesn't look amused, but he really was entertained. This was before Gary Clark Jr. started playing.

Another side note fun fact: While we were having our picnic, a man and a woman sat down in some chairs about 10 feet in front of us. The man was Nick Rimando, the goalkeeper of Real Salt Lake. LEGEND! I did not take his photo or bother him in any way; I was pretty chill, if you can believe it. Just as Gary Clark Jr started to play, Nick and the woman (his wife - I just googled them) got up to stretch their legs or take a restroom break or whatever causing Nick Rimando to effectively block my view of Gary Clark Jr causing me to say (to myself) a sentence I never thought I would say, "Please sit down Nick Rimando. You're blocking my view of Gary Clark Jr.".



Today, Saturday, started out like other Saturdays. I went to WW and then instead of heading right up to RBG, I had a hair appointment. I got to the salon very early, so I sat out in my car and listened to the Utah football game. They had an early start today at 11 AM. The thing is that I was listening on my car radio and my headlights were on and my battery drained completely and entirely. It was dead, dead, dead. I called MT and being the good man that he is, he said he would come to rescue me. He was working at the flip house. He got there just as Lanna was finishing up my 'do. (Just a trim!)

MT did the jumper cable thing and got the car started. He pretty much insisted that I take the car to the shop to get a new battery if necessary. I didn't make it to the Garden for my Saturday volunteer gig. The good news is that the car is fine. I did not need a new battery. I just drained it with my dumbness. The good news also is that Utah won the football game and I was able to see a few minutes of it at home after we took the car to the shop and got some Thai food. I sure did feel like a dummy though. I do know better!


Happy rest of the weekend!


1 comment:

josefa wann said...

Sounds like a nice weekend but for the battery :)