Thursday, September 19, 2019

#2254 24 hours: from the ER to Jason Isbell

Tonight MT and I saw Jason Isbell in concert at Red Butte Garden. I am not familiar with his music, but my sister Lizzie said he was good and she rarely steers me wrong. She sure gave good advice on this show. Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit were fantastic! His was certainly in the top five shows I have seen this summer, and probably even top three when I think about it.  MT liked him too. We both plan to listen to more of Isbell's music and we will be happy to see him in concert again.

If you are interested in hearing his music, check out Alabama Pines or If We Were Vampires (it made me weep).

We had a great time tonight, but 24 hours ago was a different story.

24 hours ago we were sitting in the emergency room at St. Marks Hospital, waiting for a second round of testing on MT's heart. He had been having chest pains all day yesterday. He refused to go to the doctor in the morning, so when he was still having pain when I got home from work, I insisted that we go to the doctor. The urgent care doctor advised us to go to the ER, so we did. The hospital staff did not mess around. Almost before he finished saying his name and that he was having chest pains, we were whisked into a room. An EKG machine immediately appeared along with two nurses and a doctor.

The bad part was that after that initial flurry of activity, not much happened for the next three hours. The good part is that he did not have a heart attack and there are no blood clots in his lungs. The doctor thinks the pains might be caused by acid reflux, but to be sure nothing is wrong with his heart, he will see a cardiologist tomorrow and take a stress test.  I was relieved when the ER doctor said he had not had a heart attack and that his lungs looked clear. I feel confident that he is healthy and will be fine. Better to get all checked out to make sure all is well.

I'll take going to a concert over sitting in the emergency room any time, thank you very much.


No comments: